See your career in the spotlight and become a make-up artist.
Make-up artists perform an integral role in the fashion and entertainment industries, as well as in highly covetable remedial services.
This practical, hands-on course is suited for those who are serious about pursuing a career within the make-up industry. The course covers hair styling and specialist make-up for diverse areas such as theatre, fashion, photography, film and television, special effects and period recreations.
A make-up artist will usually work in the field of entertainment or as a freelance make-up artist. Whether you have a specific niche you’re interested in, or if you want to try your hand at a wide range, this course will give you all of the skills and tools necessary to excel.
- Help create stunning, lasting memories for a couple on their wedding day
- Design captivating, eye-catching looks for runways and fashion shows
- Bring out the best in actors and actresses under unforgiving stage lighting in the theatre
- Create flawless Hollywood looks for film and television productions, or help transform people into a host of memorable, otherworldly creatures with special effects make-up
The possibilities are endless. With a CUA51015 Diploma of Screen And Media (Specialist Make-up Services) all of these career paths, and more, are open to you.
The CUA51015 Diploma of Screen And Media (Specialist Make-up Services) is a full-time, one-year course with two intakes a year – January and July. The course is eligible for VET Student Loans and is delivered in Perth, WA. Delivery is split between on-campus practical lessons and online study.
UPCOMING COURSE DATES
22nd January 2018
$14,500 – Domestic students only – VET Student Loans approved course – for eligible students only. Please click here for further information.
$20,900 – International students only
- For information on ACSM’s withdrawal and refund policy, please click here.
- To view full Schedule of Fees, please click here.
INCLUDED IN COURSE FEES
- Professional make-up brush sets
- Professional photo-shoots
ADDITIONAL FEES NOT INCLUDED
- Text Book
- Camera – must supply own
- A3 Portfolio – must supply own
- Completion of Year 10.
- One year
- Two days/week (9am-5pm) on-campus and recommended 16 hours online study per week
- January and July intakes
- Online theory with practical training completed on campus (Perth)
There are a number of course payment options available. Click here to view your options.
PLEASE NOTE: Students commencing after January 2017 will fall under the new VET Student Loan scheme. Please click here for further information.
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|CAUPPR505||Establish and maintain safe creative practice|
|CUAMUP401||Design, apply and remove make-up|
|SHBBMUP003||Design and apply photographic make-up|
|SHBBMUP004||Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up|
|CUAMUP403||Style hair for performances or productions|
|CUAMUP502||Design and apply specialised make-up|
|CUAMUP503||Design and apply special make-up effects|
|CUAMUP504||Create prosthetics for special make-up effects|
|CUAMUP402||Maintain make-up and hair continuity|
|BSBDES402||Interpret and respond to a design brief|
|BSBMKG527||Plan social media engagement|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBCRT402||Collaborate in a creative process|
|CUAIND502||Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|